If day trips and road trips have been your thing lately, you’ll want to prioritize this new, downloadable fall road trip itinerary on the Boom or Bust Byway. You can treat yourself, your friends, and the entire family to a full day of fun along the rural areas of Caddo and Bossier Parishes. The itinerary features 10 small towns with more than 20 stops along the route, giving road trippers great options to explore in Shreveport-Bossier’s backyard. Click here to download the fall Boom or Bust Byway Road Trip itinerary.
The Boom or Bust Byway is the ultimate road trip for young explorers, families, retirees, and international visitors seeking an off-the-beaten-path adventure through north Louisiana. The full Boom or Bust Byway tour is a 136-mile route across four parishes. Caddo and Bossier Parishes are shown on the map. Road trippers can jump on the byway from any direction to experience Southern flavors, biking trails, historical museums, fishing holes, campgrounds, and more near Shreveport-Bossier, Louisiana. A few stops along the byway include:
- Saige Acres Flower Farm, located at 10200 Blanchard Furrh Road in Mooringsport, where you can pick pumpkins, orchestrate photoshoots, pick sunflowers, purchase flower arrangements, and more. I recently visited this colorful, rustic farm, and it’s the cutest experience ever! I even held a chicken. Click here to see more about what they offer.
- Main Street Restaurant, located at 12807 Main Street in Gilliam, where you can dine in to enjoy warm slices of homemade cobblers and pies for lunch and dinner. The blackberry cobbler will ignite your fall cravings for sure.
- Dixie Maze Farms, located at 9596 Sentell Road in Shreveport, where you can participate in murder mystery dinners, fall festivals, haunted trails, hayrides, pumpkin patches, and more. This is a must-see, must-experience stop along the path for Halloween lovers.
- Ryan Farms Produce, located at 8172 Dixie Shreveport Road along LA Highway 3049 North, where you can purchase fall crops such as sweet potatoes and cabbage, as well as pick your own mustard and turnip greens. This is cash only, so hit the bank or ATM before you go!
- Cypress Black Bayou Recreation and Water Conservation, located at 135 Cypress Park Drive in Benton, where you can settle in the middle of their fall foliage next to Cypress Lake. RV camping only. They even have a low-key boat ramp for you to coast along the quiet waters for a cool, peaceful experience.
Ugh, don’t you just love fall? Fill up on gas and rev up your engine for more fun things to do in the rural areas of Shreveport-Bossier, visit www.BoomOrBustByway.com, download the Boom or Bust Byway brochure, or download the Boom or Bust Byway App on iOS or Android for a GPS-navigated adventure along the full route.