Getting to the Boom or Bust Byway is easy. It is an easy drive starting just 15 minutes from downtown Shreveport on LA 1. If you are flying in from the Dallas International Airport, Shreveport is a three hour drive or if you drive up from New Orleans it is a five hour drive. Here are some other cities and locations to help you figure out your distance to the Boom or Bust Byway.
- Little Rock, Arkansas: 3 hours
- Bossier City, Louisiana: 30 minutes
- Dallas, Texas: 3 hours
- Houston, Texas: 5 hours
- Jackson, Mississippi: 3 hours
- New Orleans, Louisiana: 5 hours
- Shreveport, Louisiana: 25 minutes
- Shreveport Regional Airport: 35 minutes
Downtown Shreveport Visitor Center
Looking for visitor information about Shreveport-Bossier, Louisiana? Drop into the Downtown Shreveport Visitor Center, operated by the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, and request the Official Visitors’ Guide to Shreveport-Bossier, as well as Boom or Bust Byway materials.